· There were no federal or provincial media briefs today, however the following announcements were released:
o Ontario eases restrictions on wedding and funeral ceremonies
o Temperature screening to be required for travellers at Canadian airports
o Ottawa provided more information on the Emergency Processing Fund to support Canada’s food processing and production sectors
o Dr. Tam issued a statement on Canada’s latest COVID-19 numbers
· Ontario Health Guidance explains how to build your social circle of 10
· Statistics Canada asks parents with children 14 or younger to share COVID-19 experiences in online survey
· York Region updated its guidance for places of worship on york.ca/covid19
· York Farm Fresh member farms adjust their operations during COVID-19; York Farm Fresh 2020 Guide Map now available
· York Region provides advice for participating in a peaceful demonstration to protect yourself and others to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19
· Greater Toronto realtors donate $32,000 to York Region food banks
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at //york.ca/covid19data. As of June 13, at 5 p.m. there are:
2,776 total confirmed cases 17 new cases* since yesterday55 confirmed cases in hospital, 17 of which are in Intensive Care330 cases among health care workers, of which 290 cases have resolved*2 new fatalities228 total confirmed fatalities 2,088 resolved cases9 institutional outbreaks under COVID-19 protocols: 4 Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes 5 Community Care Settings 0 Hospital 0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing 56 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
All dashboard data, including workplace outbreaks, case demographics and institutional outbreaks (including the number of resident and health care worker positive cases), can be found by clicking on the “COVID-19 in York Region” box, or for quick reference, is available here. The data can still be filtered by municipality.
31,992 total cases (26,538 resolved); with 2,507 related fatalities in Ontario 97,943 total cases (413 increase in last 24 hours); with 8,049 related fatalities (55 new in the last 24 hours); and 60% of cases now recovered in Canada Over 7.5 million total cases worldwide with cases in 216 countries, areas or territories; 423,349 related fatalities reported to WHO
NO new cases reported today!