· Prime Minister Trudeau did not address Canadians today
· Federal Ministers did not hold a media brief today
· Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam issued a statement in lieu of an in-person update to the media
Premier Ford began his announcement by stating Windsor-Essex, with the exception of Leamington and Kingsville, will be moving on to Stage 2 effective Thursday, June 25
The outbreaks at farms are a new challenge, with Premier Ford announcing a three-point plan to address this issue:
o Testing at all farms through expanded mobile testing
o All workers who test positive for COVID-19 will have job security through WSIB and
o A new public health guidance for asymptomatic workers who have tested positive for COVID-19, but can still work in isolation
· The Province of Ontario extended the Declaration of Emergency to July 15
· York Region continues to see small increases in the daily COVID-19 numbers
· Dr. Kurji expressed this increase in numbers is similar to what was experienced shortly after Mother’s Day in early May
· This spike is a reminder COVID-19 is still active in York Region
· Southlake Regional Health Centre continues to lead mobile testing of temporary foreign workers and is working with local farms to identify testing needs
CASE NUMBERS IN YORK REGION:
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at //york.ca/covid19data. As of June 24, at 5 p.m. there are:
2,914 total confirmed cases 24 new cases* since yesterday34 confirmed cases in hospital, 13 of which are in Intensive Care338 cases among health care workers, of which 309 cases have resolved*2 new fatalities 240 total confirmed fatalities 2,323 resolved cases4 institutional outbreaks under COVID-19 protocols: 3 Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes 1 Community Care Settings 0 Hospital 0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing 62 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
All dashboard data, including workplace outbreaks, case demographics and institutional outbreaks (including the number of resident and health care worker positive cases), can be found by clicking on the “COVID-19 in York Region” box, or for quick reference, is available here. The data can still be filtered by municipality.
COMBINED CASE NUMBERS:
As of this morning, there are:
Over 9.1 million total cases worldwide with cases in 216 countries, areas or territories; 473,797 related fatalities reported to WHO101,963 total cases (326 new); with 8,454 related fatalities in Canada (8 new); 64,704 resolved in Canada 34.016 total cases (379 new); with 2,631 related fatalities; 29,336 resolved in Ontario
NO new cases reported.