· Prime Minister Trudeau did not address the media today
· Government of Canada today introduced legislation that would make the Canada Emergency Wage Subside accessible to more employers and expand eligibility
Premier Ford began his announcement indicating the following regions will be entering Stage 3 at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 24: Durham, Haldimand-Norfolk, Halton, Hamilton, Lambton, Niagara and York Region
• He indicates the other regions remaining in Stage 2 will get there soon
• Part of the process in re-opening is looking at what works and what doesn’t work in other
· The Government of Ontario today announced York Region will be entering Stage 3 of the provincial re-opening framework, effective Friday, July 24 at 12:01 a.m.
o A statement acknowledging York Region moving to Stage 3 has been shared on our website
CASE NUMBERS IN YORK REGION:
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at //york.ca/covid19data. As of July 20, 2020, at 5 p.m. there are:
3,221 total confirmed cases11 new cases* since yesterday21 confirmed cases in hospital, 9 of which are in Intensive Care353 cases among health care workers, of which 331 cases have resolved*0 new fatalities250 total confirmed fatalities2,673 resolved cases1 new institutional outbreak under COVID-19 protocols1 Long-Term Care/Retirement Home0 Community Care Settings0 Hospital0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing66 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
All dashboard data, including workplace outbreaks, case demographics and institutional outbreaks (including the number of resident and health care worker positive cases), can be found by clicking on the “COVID-19 in York Region” box, or for quick reference, is available here. The data can still be filtered by municipality.
COMBINED CASE NUMBERS:
As of this morning, there are:
More than 14.3 million total cases worldwide (229,780 new) with cases in 216 countries, area or territories; 603691 related fatalities reported by the World Health Organization (WHO)110,338 total cases (339 new); with 8,852 related fatalities in Canada (4 new); 97,299 resolved in Canada (as of July 19, 7 p.m.)
· 37,739 total cases (135 new); with 2,752 related fatalities; 33,513 resolved in Ontario
NO new reported cases
Kings total Confirmed Cases 48, of which 41 are resolved, sadly 3 deaths and 4 active cases self isolation.