· Prime Minister Trudeau today announced investments of up to nearly $221 million, in partnership with Canadian financial institutions, to launch Canada’s first-ever Black Entrepreneurship Program
· Premier Ford joined Quebec Premier Francois Legault for a joint press conference outlining the key priority areas of the Ontario-Quebec Summit
· York Region Public Health has now confirmed 37 cases of COVID-19 as a result of the large wedding that took place in Markham and Whitchurch-Stouffville, with 26 of these cases involving York Region residents
· York Region has received $500,000 in funding through the federal Reaching Home COVID-19 Emergency Response fund to help vulnerable residents find or keep housing
COVID-19 IN YORK REGION:
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at york.ca/covid19. As of September 9, 2020 at 5 p.m. there are:
3,600 total confirmed cases 27 new cases* since yesterday, 13 confirmed cases in hospital, 2 of which are in Intensive Care393 cases among health care workers, of which 391 cases have resolved*No new fatalities253 total confirmed fatalities 3,189 resolved cases3 institutional outbreaks under COVID-19 protocols 1 Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes 2 Community Care Settings 0 Hospital 0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing 74 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
COMBINED CASE NUMBERS:
As of this morning, there are:
More than 27.4 million total cases worldwide (218,149 new) with cases in 216 countries, area or territories; 894,983 related fatalities reported by the World Health Organization (WHO)133,748 total cases (1,606 new); with 9,153 related fatalities in Canada (7 new); 116,459 resolved in Canada (as of September 8, 7 p.m.)
· 43,685 total cases (149 new); with 2,813 related fatalities; 39,332 resolved in Ontario
NO new cases reported today (we do have 1 active case), stay safe.