- For Friday, September 11, 2020, York Region recorded no new fatalities and no changes to current or resolved outbreaks
- Prime Minister Trudeau and Premier Doug Ford delivered a joint announcement to the media today related to job creation in Northern Ontario’s mining communities
- The Government of Ontario today announced the launch of a web page to report COVID-19 cases in schools and child care centres
o York Region Public Health is exploring options to include similar school information on the dashboard at york.ca/covid19data with an update to Council once this information has been added
- Federal Minister of Health Patty Hajdu, City of Toronto Mayor John Tory and Toronto Medical Office of Health Dr. Eileen de Villa held a joint media briefing to announce the creation of a voluntary health isolation centre in the City of Toronto
- On Thursday, September 10, the World Health Organization provide an update on the development of a COVID-19 vaccine
- In commemoration of the 19th anniversary of 9/11 and National Day of Service a statement was issued on behalf of York Region
COVID-19 IN YORK REGION:
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at york.ca/covid19. As of September 11, 2020 at 5 p.m. there are:
3,627 total confirmed cases 14 new cases* since yesterday, 12 confirmed cases in hospital, 2 of which are in Intensive Care393 cases among health care workers, of which 391 cases have resolved*No new fatalities253 total confirmed fatalities 3,224 resolved cases5 institutional outbreaks under COVID-19 protocols 3 Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes 2 Community Care Settings 0 Hospital 0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing 74 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
COMBINED CASE NUMBERS:
As of this morning, there are:
More than 28 million total cases worldwide (288,787 new) with cases in 216 countries, area or territories; 906,092 related fatalities reported by the World Health Organization (WHO)134,924 total cases (630 new); with 9,163 related fatalities in Canada (8 new); 118,990 resolved in Canada (as of September 10, 7 p.m.)
- 44,068 total cases (213 new); with 2,813 related fatalities; 39,598 resolved in Ontario
Unfortunately, another new case to report. We were doing so well with no active cases for a week and now 2 cases in the last 2 days (19 – 34 age group). Please stay safe.