· Prime Minister Trudeau did not address Canadian today
· In-lieu of an in-person media address, Dr. Tam issued a statement on COVID-19
· The Government of Canada today announced proposed amendments to the Income Tax Regulations that apply to registered pension plans and deferred salary leave plans
· These temporary measures are intended to help participating employers and employees of those plans in that face of challenges created by COVID-19
Premier Ford began his announcement acknowledging Ontario residents have fallen on hard times due to the COVID-19 pandemic
The Premier announced the investment of an additional $150 million into the province’s Social Services Relief Fun to improve homeless shelters
The Premier indicated he will continue working with the federal government to ensure all Ontario communities can continue delivering the services required by residents
· On Monday, July 6, 2020, The Ontario Court of Justice will expand operations by opening a number of courtrooms for family law matters, criminal trials and preliminary inquiries – this does not apply to York Region Provincial Offences Courts, which will remain closed until further notice
For Thursday, July 2, York Region recorded no new fatalities and no changes to current of resolved outbreaks
· York Region is keeping residents informed about the temporary Courts closure through news content and social media posts
· At the time of this email, the Government of Canada had not yet reported case numbers for July 2, 2020
CASE NUMBERS IN YORK REGION:
Below is a summary of the detailed information contained in the Interactive Dashboard – Cases at //york.ca/covid19data. As of July 2, at 5 p.m. there are:
3,020 total confirmed cases 21 new cases* since yesterday31 confirmed cases in hospital, 12 of which are in Intensive Care346 cases among health care workers, of which 319 cases have resolved*No new fatalities247 total confirmed fatalities 2,432 resolved cases4 institutional outbreaks under COVID-19 protocols: 3 Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes 1 Community Care Settings 0 Hospital 0 Child Care Centre0 Emergency Housing 62 institutional outbreaks declared over
*Data quality is an ongoing process and may result in the more/less cases reported on a day-over-day basis or other changes to how cases are classified (e.g., municipality, acquisition, etc.). These data quality activities have also resulted in the re-categorization of individuals. Data quality activities do not increase or decrease total case counts.
All dashboard data, including workplace outbreaks, case demographics and institutional outbreaks (including the number of resident and health care worker positive cases), can be found by clicking on the “COVID-19 in York Region” box, or for quick reference, is available here. The data can still be filtered by municipality.
COMBINED CASE NUMBERS:
As of this morning, there are:
Over 10.5 million total cases worldwide with cases in 216 countries, areas or territories; 512,842 related fatalities reported to WHO104,204 total cases (286 new); with 8,591 related fatalities in Canada (25 new); 67,774 resolved in Canada *Numbers not updated on July 235,068 total cases (302 new); with 2,680 related fatalities; 30,730 resolved in Ontario
NO new cases reported today.